July 27, 2005

Thank you to an anonymous friend

A comment on a post that I have deleted deserves to be read and responded to:


Hello TDF,

I usually enjoy your posts very much. They're well-written and insightful. But dude, this post says that you are leaning towards becoming a friggin lunatic! Not just that, but a self-centered, cold-hearted lunatic whose thoughts and actions revolve solely around what you want.

You know, I'm worried about you. I'd like to see the 'old' DF back, not this one who uses and discards others at will. I also worry that your personal escapades will end up becoming a professional issue for you since you indicate that you are a teacher....given the moral climate brought on by our right-wing president, it's not far fetched to see that an angry parent brings this blog to the school board. Don't give them this power over you

Dear Friend -

I wish I had a name to address you directly. I reread the post today. You are right. I don't like what I am becoming. I need to return to myself. It is amazing what pain will do to me - not an excuse, but an observation. I need to find my way back.

Thank you for caring.

Thank you for telling the truth.

I let pain justify my choice to do what I disdain. I alone am responsible for my actions and need to move beyond these poor choices that I have made. MM and I have taken leave of each other. We spoke today and I ended the relationship. It is for the best. I will live with my grief and, hopefully, find my way back out of this haze of egoism that has enveloped me.

Thank you for being a friend.
-tDF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. It sounds like you two were not a good fit for the long haul. I'm also glad that you recognize that the person you were becoming is not the person you want to be.

Anonymous said...

I have been out of the blogosphere for some months now, but today decided to check in on you, and am saddened to find you in what appears to be hard times.

I will be sure to stop by here far more often than I have been, and I hope that things begin looking up for you.

Be well, Friend.